First-time voters who registered by mail will need to provide identification if state officials are unable to verify their driver's license number, state identification, or the last four digits of their Social Security number.
If you are a first-time voter therefore, be sure to bring proof of residency, which includes any of the following documents:
- Valid Minnesota driver's license, learner's permit, or Minnesota ID card; or
- Valid student ID including your photo; or
- Tribal ID card that contains your picture and signature.
You can also provide proof of residency by providing BOTH:
- Current utility bill or student fee statement that contains your name and address; and
- Photo ID such as a passport, Military ID, or Student ID.
For a complete list of acceptable documents, please see: http://www.sos.state.mn.us/index.aspx?page=204.